Chearsley Village Historical Society (CVHS) was been formed by a group of Chearsley residents with an interest in understanding the past of our village and how it shapes our lives in the present. It is open to all like-minded village residents.
The aim of the Society is to:
- stimulate interest in and understanding of our village history
- understand the village history in the context of County and National history
- enhance our sense of community, appreciation of and pride in the village
- engage with other local communities and organisations with similar interests
- build historical records of our distant past, our immediate past (living memory) and contemporary activities, recognizing that today will become our past
This is achieved through regular Society meetings, projects and other related activities. These pages provide an overview of what is happening but the real energy of the Society lies in the involvement and enthusiasm of members. The aims or 'purpose' of the Society are included in our Governance document Living History
Anyone can get involved and all ideas for developing the Society are welcomed. If you are interested in joining us, you are very welcome to come to one of our meetings to see what we have to offer and give us your ideas. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other CVHS pages